Cooking a Christmas turkey is a refined skill, but one Michelin Star chef has given his stuffing recipe to guarantee a moist breast.
The chef, who works at Fitzrovia restaurant Pied a Terre, has one special ingredient in his stuffing to perfect it.
The cooking professional, from Athens, Greece, adds rice to his turkey stuffing.
He said: “Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without my tasty (but simple) stuffing recipe.
“It’s a firm favourite amongst my friends and family and one that I have perfected over the years.
“My top tip is to include a small handful of rice in the stuffing as it absorbs all the raw juices from the Turkey creating the most delicious and intense flavour inside.”
0,5kg of jasmine rice
2 shallot onions finely chopped
1 carrot peeled and diced
1 ppple and 1 pear peeled and diced
50g of toasted pine nuts
1 nutmeg grated
100g of diced chestnuts
Diced and blanched turkey hearts and livers
200ml sweet red wine
1. Add the onions to a pan with the grated nutmeg, rosemary, hearts, livers and carrots and sweat until soft.
2. When they start to soften, add the rice and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the red cooking wine, toasted pine nuts, pomegranate, apple, pear and chestnuts.
4. Wait until the rice has soaked up the wine then season with salt and pepper.
Top tip – make sure you go quite heavy on the seasoning here!
5. Add the stuffing into your Turkey’s cavity and tie the end tight so it doesn’t open while cooking.
Where can you buy the best value Christmas turkey in the UK? Express.co.uk listed the best deals.
From a whole bird to just the turkey crown, these are the best value turkeys from all the major UK supermarkets.
How to cook a turkey is one of the most Google questions at this time of year.
From how long to cook turkey, to whether to cover it with foil or not, these are the best tips to ensure a perfect Christmas dinner.