What is considered a cardio exercise?
Cardio or cardiovascular exercise refers to a set of exercises that boosts heart rate resulting in the increase of blood circulation.
The following is some of the many benefits of cardio exercise:
- Improving heart health – Just like any other muscle in our body, our heart is kept in shape by doing cardio. These exercises result in an increased rate of pumping of blood, thus resulting in an improved heart health.
- Increases metabolism(losing weight) – The more you do cardio exercises, the more your rate of metabolism increases which in turn is essential in weight loss.
- Losing belly fat – One of the most crucial parts in the weight loss journey is attained through cardio exercises.
- Better hormones – Cardio helps in releasing the hormone called endorphin which gives us a euphoric feeling. A good cardio regime results in a happy and positive outlook towards life.
- Keeps diabetes at bay – For diabetic patients, cardio exercises are the best options to manage the blood sugar level.
- Improve brain health – Studies have shown that long-term cardio exercise benefits include an effective boost in memory as well as overall brain health.
- Gets rid of depression – The effectiveness of cardiovascular exercises is seen as an anti-depressant. As a result of hormone secretion, depression is relieved. It is considered an alternative to traditional medicinal approach for curing depression.
- Energy boost – Increased stamina is another benefit of cardio training. It makes the body fit, provides more energy and erases physical fatigue.
- Reduces chronic illness – Many chronic illnesses which result from physical inactivity is considerably reduced by doing regular cardio. Heart diseases, diabetes, weight gain are some of the illnesses that are reduced by cardio training.
- Improves sleep – Somebody suffering from insomnia or irregular sleep pattern can get help from doing cardio exercises. Not only does it induce good sleep, but a sense of relaxation is felt throughout the body.
- Improves skin – Due to increased blood flow, skin health is improved.
- Boosts sex life – You will feel a difference in your libido once you start training.
- Improves irregular periods – Cardio training improves and regulates women’s menstrual cycle.
These are just to name a few of all the cardio exercise benefits and the changes it can do to a body. It is easy to do and is essential for everyone to lead a happy and healthy life. Start cardio training and you will notice a difference in your health within just a few weeks.